The Liebster Award
I got nominated for a Liebster Award from A Lesbian Speaks! She has a lovely blog, filled with of positivity, lesbianism, and poetry (and who doesn’t love that?!). Check her out, everyone!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Here are the questions I’m supposed to answer:
What do you enjoy most about blogging? To me, it’s like therapy. It’s hard for me to really know what I’m feeling until I write it down, and blogging provides that space for me.
Which do you prefer: coffee or tea? I don’t drink either, but I would say tea.
Do you prefer to write with noise around you or in silence? Absolute silence (unless I’m playing music)
What song, in your opinion, describes your blog? Floating Through Space by Lonnie Liston Smith
What three things do you think about a lot? Being successful, finding a life partner, and losing weight
What’s your favourite piece of technology, excluding your phone? My Google Nexus 7 tablet
What is your favourite time of the day and why? 6:30pm-9:30pm. This is when my head is at it’s clearest and also when I write things.
What colour do you think describes you best and why? Red, because I feel feminine and masculine at the same time.
What is your favourite piece of clothing? my black shorts
What skill would you most like to possess? being able to write song lyrics. I can’t seem to get that together.
What would you choose to have as your last meal? OMG, like, everything on the fucking planet. Deep dish pizza, macaroni and cheese, maple bacon, cheesecake, authentic Mexican burritos, fried chicken, glazed donuts, and chocolate cake (pahahaha, OMG, wow).
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
– I love 80’s R&B.
– I am a huge Nintendo fan.
– I’m 5’3
– I’ve been blogging for over ten years.
– I love older women.
– My favorite movies are: The Bridges of Madison County, Dumb and Dumber (it’s hilarious), The Princess Bride, The Game, and The Truman Show
– My favorite singers are Teena Marie; Patti Labelle, and Shania Twain
– I adore Zoe Saldana.
– I’m allergic to metal.
– I’m an HSP (highly sensitive person)
– It has taken me almost a half an hour to compile this list (the insanity)
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
Questions for you to answer:
– What’s your favorite memory?
– Do you have any pets? If so, what kinds?
– What’s your favorite song?
– If you could eat dinner with any famous person, living or dead, who would it be?
– Seaside or Countryside?
– If you could be anyone else for an entire day, who would you be and why?
– What is/are your favorite movie(s)?
– Winter or summer?
– What’s your favorite hobby?
– Why did you start blogging?
– What is your passion in life?
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.